Saturday, January 26, 2008

Will Obama's SC win be enough "HOPE" for the Dem's?

With Sen Barack Obama winning in South Carolina, will it be enough to propel him to the lead of the Democratic Party's nomination for president? The way things are looking, you might think so. I saw a poll the other day that had him down to Sen. Clinton by a few points, but with nearly a 30 point in today's primary, you have to think he gained a lot of momentum. The Dem's probably really like this guy because of his youth, demeanor, speaking ability, but seriously, what the heck has he done? Clinton talked about his "present" votes in the Illinois State Senate, but what does that mean? What did he stand for and how did he vote that will prove he is a LEADER? I'm waiting.........!

Giving a week plus before Super Tuesday, will anyone possibly jump out of the race at this point? I'm thinking that for the Republicans, the next one out will have to be Rudy Giuliani and maybe Ron Paul. Heck, who am I to judge, I thought John Edwards was going to win the Democratic nomination because of a few "unsaid" items. I never said I was a true political scientist, more like a hack. But Giuliani and Paul have real low numbers and a very "secluded" base so I find it hard that they can stay in the race and sustain or even gain any momentum to get them up to the point of McCain, Romney and Huckabee.

Anyway, as the week trudges on and the whips and chains and "dirty laundry" come out from the candidates, we might want to remember that next Sunday is what really matters in American current events...The Super Bowl. And of course, being from Maine and Northern New England, I'm rooting for the PATRIOTS! At least with Bill Belichick, you not going to get mud thrown or racial overtones or anything that resembles what we've seen from Obama and Clinton. You are going to get short and to the point answers and sometimes a smile, well maybe. Thank God football will be back on next Sunday. GO PATS!

Oh yeah, as always with me...GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments:

President Ronald Reagan

About Me

My photo
Norridgewock, Maine, United States