Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Could Giuliani's run be done? / Ron Paul: Hang it up!

Giuliani: Out of the Race?

We should find out real soon who will win in today's Florida's Presidential Primary.candidates. In recent reports, it has been stated that if Rudy Giuliani loses, he'll likely drop out of the presidential race. At that point, an endorsement is likely to come for one of the remaining candidates. I'm wondering that whoever he does endorse, could it it be the end of that candidates campaign? How much support could Giuliani drum up for another when he barely mustered up enough for himself among moderate Republicans? I don't see him endorsing Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee. I'm thinking that he is more likely to endorse John McCain over Mitt Romney, at that point, give the edge for the nomination to Romney.

As the early poll numbers continue to come in, Many voters feel like I do in that Giuliani is not presidential material (merely 15% support). I guess at this point you have to ask why, considering just a few short months ago he was leading national polls everywhere. I'm thinking that his strategy of pulling out of Iowa, New Hampshire and Michigan hit his campaign real hard. To put it another way, would you want to support someone who never campaigned in your state or thought other states were more important than yours? I wouldn't.

Ron Paul Give it up!

OK, I'll admit it, I'm not a Ron Paul supporter nor am I fond of having to get all of this mail from him and the phone calls. I may be critical here but please, think about how much time and peoples money you are wasting on your campaign? Think about what those supporters could be doing rather than all of the grunt work for you? I take nothing away from them, but you need to make a decision as to whether or not you really think you have a shot at winning the nomination from the other top candidates. I'm not sure what your strategy is, maybe you are aligning yourself up for a potential VP slot or even an "Independent" run at the President. Regardless, you are not garnering the support from a majority of Americans and that is a fact. I hope for your supporters sake, you hang it up.

To all the volunteers helping the campaigns, you are Great Americans and truly patriots in the field of politics. I'm sure all the candidates truly value your contributions. Remember, please help out the local races in your own state as well.

As always...God Bless America!

No comments:

President Ronald Reagan

About Me

My photo
Norridgewock, Maine, United States