Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm pumping money into the economy in Norridgewock! God Bless Me!

The headline says it all. I'm pumping money into our economy in Norridgewock. How you may ask? Well, I just got my driveway paved and my wallet is a lot lighter, that's for sure. The paving company was a local company from Norridgewock named Western Maine Paving. All in all, they did a fine job with the leveling and laying out of the pavement. Now we can play some basketball and street hockey in the driveway. More importantly, I can now snow blow my driveway without all the damn rocks landing on our lawn or hitting our vehicles. I do not want to hit my nice big Ford F150 XLT Supercrew, I might cry. Oh yeah, one more thing, I don't have to wack the weeds in the driveway anymore either...yeah!

So the point of the matter is here, we were able to spend some money in a way that will make our lives easier as well as increase the value of our property. Money is the root of all that is good and all that is bad in the country. Look at the financial mess on Wall Street, well last week anyway. Today was nice to see. Regardless, money issues causes people to worry about life or it makes them do things for the better of themselves and if more fortunate, to the better of others. My wife and I give to charity's when we can but we also like to spend money on our daughter or at least provide her with some great opportunities to enjoy and experience different facets of life. We still like our toys. I like my hunting and fishing toys and she likes her cooking stuff and ....well, just spending it I guess.

One thing to remember here is, the market will definitely come around. It always has. I've said it before, when the markets are down such as the DOW and NASDAQ were last week, that means that stocks are on sale. I invest regularly in many of the Blue Chip stocks, mainly because those are the companies that pay the dividends and have the best track record for succeeding. They know what they are doing, well, except maybe AIG and some of those other banking ones. If you have children and are looking at some great college investment plans, buy some shares of Microsoft, Pfizer, Coca Cola, or Proctor & Gamble. Those companies can't really steer you wrong. They all pay a dividend and are all well respected and well run companies.

One last thing, don't wait for the government to bail you out like they did with Wall Street. They save the ones that pay the most...not you. You look out for yourself and do what you think is best with your money and your future. Sometimes you may have to take life in your own hands, like my wife and I have with our investments and our property. We sure have lost some money in the markets lately but we do realize that we will make it up as the markets get better. Life throws us challenges all the time. This current economic challenge that we are experiencing is just one more test of how our country will prosper giving a challenge such as this. I have faith in the American people to do what is right with the economy. I do not have faith in the government to make things right. I lost much of that faith throughout the years but a lot last week when the "buyout" took place. I'm not happy that both presidential candidates wanting to "fix" some companies troubles with our money. Simple the wrong idea. It's wrong to burden us with this debt.

Anyway my friends, those are my thoughts for the night. I do want to thank all those who do read what I write and I encourage you all to read some of my friends blogs listed on the left hand side of the web page.

God Bless America!

No comments:

President Ronald Reagan

About Me

My photo
Norridgewock, Maine, United States