Thursday, October 30, 2008

On November 4th, remember those that came before!


With only a few days before the General Election, one might ask themselves, "Do I feel comfortable with my choice?" Another might say, "Oh what's the point, That One is going to win." Regardless of what you may be thinking on how the election may turn out, remember one thing, the Founding Fathers made it possible for us to have a voice. Yes, I know that sometimes that voice isn't heard enough or even out of the right side of the mouth, nonetheless, we have that right to be heard to give our choice of how we want to be governed.




Remember my friends, the 1st Amendment is attached to the description of this blog. I put it there for a reason. That reason is for you, me, my neighbors, my liberal in-laws, for my fellow Veterans and for every red blooded American that breathes the fresh air in our country everyday. It is there to remind everyone that we must exercise our right to vote and fight for what we believe in. From the Founding Fathers, to the Patriots in the fields of Lexington and Concord, to our hero's at Normandy and all the hero's in Iraq and Afghanistan, all those brave men and women who have served this nation did so to protect our rights. We owe them our gratitude by exercising our rights. In my eyes elections are not won or lost by mere votes but they are WON by people voting. That sounds strange I know but if no one votes, who actually wins? No one. We as a community or a country as a whole only win when we exercise those rights given to us through our Constitution and protected by the ones who fought for it. By not voting we are losing our right to be heard.






The picture above says it all for me. My daughter and I are standing on North Bridge in Concord Mass on Patriots Day 2008. If anyone who understands the history of the United States knows that this is a pivotal piece of history. The Patriots pushed back the British soldiers on this bridge to make their voices heard and to eventually become a country. Remember that little bridge when you close that curtain on November 4th. Remember the men and women who have sacrificed their lives throughout the years for your voice to be heard. Remember the ones still fighting overseas to erode away Terrorism in this world. Ask yourself, if this election gets in the wrong hands, because you didn't vote, than what next? Will you be satisfied?




God Bless America and all those who fight to protect our rights, especially our right to have a voice.

No comments:

President Ronald Reagan

About Me

My photo
Norridgewock, Maine, United States